Saturday, April 2, 2016

Blossomed trees


With the arrival of the Spring I get a fever of blossomed trees. Every year I try to do a few paintings on this subject. They are so beautiful but it’s difficult to paint because the flowers are small and the colours are so delicate that it’s really hard to touch nature’s perfection with the painting. Anyway I try.
 I started with the drawings and a few little works.

 This painting was an opportunity to change the technique a little bit: now I use a pen to do the drawing first. 


 Then I paint the flowers with watercolours as usual. 


This is the result without background. I haven’t planned the composition too much this time, I just lay it out as I paint based on different drawings I’ve done.
 Finally I add the background using an ink pen (Pentel) and normal ink as well.








2 comments:

  1. So beautiful :0 :) I loved seeing how you work - you have a very steady hand to paint in the background like that. It would make a lovely printed poster (hint, hint!) xx

    ReplyDelete